June 10, 2020
50 Kid Friendly Summer Bucket List Ideas
Hey Mama! If you are like me, you are fresh out of ideas on how to entertain these children for the next three months. Honestly, this will be the longest summer of our lives and we all need some things to keep them busy since so much is still closed. I came up with a list of some fun ideas to help get your creative juices flowing. I tried my best to make it so all ages could participate. I hope you can find this useful:)
SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Visit your local body of water… Beach day, lake day, questionable water day. LOL. Just kidding don’t do that.
- Take a hike… no literally
- Help an elderly neighbor in some way
- Throw a block party
- Creat a lemonade stand
- Open your own Little Free Library — we have one at our house and all of the neighbors love it! https://littlefreelibrary.org/
- Have readers? Have your kids start a book club with their friends.
- Backyard campout!
- Family bike ride
- Water balloon fight
- Family game night
- Outdoor movie night
- Bug catching contest - how many bugs can you catch in 30 min?
- Go on a scavenger hunt -https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471329917255123126/
- Opposite Day - no means yes, walk backwards, breakfast for dinner…you get the idea
- Handwrite letters to friends
- Play in the sprinklers
- Nerf gun war or water gun war
- Put mentos is soda bottles and watch them explode
- Go geocaching https://www.geocaching.com/play
- Learn about another country and watch a movie and have a dinner that represents that country.
- Spend the day baking yummy treats and give them to friends and neighbors
- Send a hug to someone - Lay kids down on butcher paper with arms open and trace them. Cut it out and have them color themselves in. Mail it off!
- Make a bird feeder
- Tie dye something
- What’s in the bag challenge…put different foods wrapped up in brown paper bags, let the kid(s) choose the bags, they have to eat whatever is in the bag. Could be anything from anchovies to donuts. LOL
- Make an obstacle course in the backyard
- Draw a self portrait
- Go toilet papering (now that TP is back in stock) …. If you do a friends house it’s really fun. LOL
- Make a 2020 time capsule
- Go on a neighborhood clean up, pick up as much trash as possible in one hour.
- Make popsicles
- Plant a garden
- Play the chubby bunny game- keep stuffing marshmallows (no chewing) in your mouth until you cant say "chubby bunny" anymore
- Take an online art class.
- Make sundaes
- Make smore’s
- Make homemade ice cream https://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Homemade-Ice-Cream-In-A-Baggie/
- Side walk chalk
- Picnic dinner
- Paint rocks with encouraging works and put them around the neighborhood
- Make giant bubbles
- Bike wash… Let the kids start a business and wash the neighborhood kids bikes.
- Minute to win it game night with friends…There are tons of ideas on Pinterest!
- Pizza making night
- Write a story
- Learn about the stars and go stargazing
- Learn a new skill…knitting, crocheting, skateboarding..etc..
- Build an epic living room fort
- Have a milk bubble blowing contest.